Angular vs AngularJS – Difference between Angular and AngularJSSeptember 12, 2019
In this article, you will learn about the difference between Angular and AngularJS.
It is a very well known top front-end framework. It uses Microsoft’s TypeScript language which has many advantages like type declarations, type checking, object-oriented features and the benefits of ES6 like iterators and lambdas.
It has many versions like 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and they all are completely different from AngularJS. Angular Versions above 4 are just improvements and are backwards compatible with Angular.
In this, we use round braces “( )” for event binding and square brackets “[ ]” for property binding. In this, we are also using structural derivatives to put conditions in the HTML template.
Angular gives a better structure to more easily create and maintain big applications and a better change detection mechanism.
- TypeScript (TS) improves the code quality and efficiency using the OOPS (Object-Oriented Programming System) concept.
- It’s a mobile-oriented.
- In this, it updated the dependency injection technique and improved modularity means you can make the program independent.
- It gives more option for programming languages like TypeScript (TS), EcmaScript5 (ES5), and EcmaScript6 (ES6) for writing codes.
- You can easily configure routing in different file or module.
- Flexible when using filters
- It is a little complex to configure as compared to AngularJS.
- It is incapable if you only want to build simple, static web apps.
- It has model data binding which makes web application development real quick.
- Practising HTML as a structural lang. makes things easier to do.
- It’s a perfect solution for fast web development because it does not need any other frameworks (set of libraries).
- AngularJS applications can execute on all important programs and advanced phones including iOS, Android.
- It is big and complex because of the various ways of doing the same thing.
- If we want to scale our app then its implementation is not easy.
- If the user of an AngularJS web app disables JS, then only the basic page is clear to the user.
- There’s a slow response in loading UI if there are more than 200 viewers.
The thing i.e common in angular & angularJS is that both are bi-directional means the two-way binding is done in both.
We can compare both based on architecture, language, expression syntax, mobile support, and routing.
Angular vs AngularJS – Difference between Angular and AngularJS
|It is a framework.||It is a library.|
|The architecture in this framework is entirely component-based means it’s composed of encapsulated, loosely bound components.||The architecture in this library is based on the model-view-controller (MVC) design.|
|It’s easy to create native applications for the mobile platform using Angular 2.0.||It does not support for native applications for the mobile platform.|
|It comes with a built-in dependency injection subsystem for better.||There are issues with dependency injection in AngularJS.|
|Controllers and $scope are replaced by Controllers and Derivatives.||Controllers and $scope are key components.|
|Angular uses @RouteConfig(…) decorator.||AngularJS uses $routeprovider.when() to configure routing.|
Comment below if you have any queries related to difference between Angular and AngularJS.
The post Angular vs AngularJS – Difference between Angular and AngularJS appeared first on The Crazy Programmer.